The Des Moines Regester's Embrace Iowa program takes place annually and provides a benefit for up to $500 in relief for households in need. Some important program points:
- Applications will be considered for households at or below 200% of Federal HHS poverty guidelines.
- First time applicants will be given a priority with the review process.
- Applicants will be asked if they are willing to share their story with The Des Moines Register.
- Documentation of household income and family need and cost estimate should be included.
- Applicant information is confidential and used only for the evaluation of the application.
- Application are accepted from November 1 - February 15.
Examples of non-routine expenses considered:
- Medical or dental expenses
- Vehicle repairs
- Home repairs
Embrace Iowa can also be utilized to provide a more stable living environment. Examples may include:
- Essential appliance or furniture
- Essential housewares
Routine expenditures related to maintaining a secure household will also be considered, but at a lower priority.
Please refer to the following guidelines and applications. Turn in completed applications to your nearest HACAP service sight.